Thursday, July 11, 2013

Family Relations: July 8th-12th

This week in Family Relations we discussed the importance of active parenting. I believe it is extremely important to be involved in your children's lives, because both the parents and the children will benefit from this. I was able to take an online quiz to determine the type of parent I would be. I scored a 22 in Autocratic, a 29 in Permissive, and a 37 in Active. There are three different parenting styles. Authoritarian is like that of a dictator, having high control and management on child's life. This parenting style negatively effects children. Permissive parenting is playing a friendship role in the child's life and offering little direction. This parenting style can be negative and harmful as well. As I see it authoritative parenting is the best! You listen and correct your children, but are also very flexible, clear but permeable. Children learn so much when they are young and need parents guidance. I know that you can show your love for your child in many ways but also be authoritative as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment