Thursday, June 6, 2013

Family Relations June 3rd-7th

This week in Family Relations we discussed the emotions created by marriage and the critical tasks that make a great wedding. I am planning a wedding for September 14th, 2013 so this discussion was very important to me. One critical task we talked about was setting clear boundaries between my family and my fiancĂ©'s family. One struggle that my relationship has had, is the drifting boundaries between parents. I know how important it is to communicate with my fiancĂ© and together make decisions for the wedding and future plans. Open communication is needed in planning the wedding and validating important responsibilities and roles of the husband and wife. Together the husband and wife can set priorities for themselves and adjust to the combination of their two lives.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the wedding and how wonderful that you get some insight on how to make it easier! Setting boundaries is really important because if they are not set now how will they be set once your married? Literally you must leave and cleave! What ways have you experienced this?

    Thanks
    Maddison Dillon

    ReplyDelete