Thursday, May 23, 2013

Family Relations May 20th-24th

This week in Family Relations we had the opportunity to read an article entitled, Sisters Give Siblings Better Mental Health. In this article a study was done on the positive effects of having a sister either younger or older. Having a sister increased the feelings of love and placement in the family. This is especially close to me because I have one younger sister and no brothers. Even though I am the oldest, I have always felt comfort through my sister. She has always been there for me and we have a very strong support system between the two of us. My sister is my best friend and to me this study make a lot of sense, because without my sister I would not feel as loved or needed.
We also touched on men and women being an opposite sex. The question was asked in class, are boys and girls born different? And is our behavior innate or cultural? I believe that people are equal in the sense that we should all have the same opportunities, but we need to realize that not every person is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment